Get Involved:By registering as a member, you can connect with others, receive updates on selected grant projects, and get the latest news on the network's efforts to improve the health of older adults. There are numerous other ways to get involved with:
- You can influence policies affecting gerontology and geriatrics education and workforce development issues.
- Collaborate with policymakers and participate in legislative events.
- Help to educate legislators on issues important to gerontology and geriatrics education, programs, and services.
- Serve in leadership roles on IBGC committees that fit your interests and expertise.
- As a member you can stay informed on the latest aging issues across the world through IBGC newsletters, website, annual educational meeting, and other activities.
- Access current reports on State aging and education policy issues, employment opportunities, educational tools, and upcoming State and national conferences.
- Network with others using our up-to-date membership directory, discounts on conference registration, and leadership mentoring programs.
- Receive valuable information on workforce and career development.
- IBGC membership will broaden your appreciation of the richness of the field, the diversity of opportunities for employment, the need for more and better State-specific data, and the potential for collaboration among IBGC members.
- You will be encouraged to share ideas and research results, develop partnerships, and keep in touch with colleagues throughout the state regarding curriculum development, program planning, and research activities.
- IBGC sponsors professional awards that recognize and honor significant contributions of our members to aging-related teaching, research, and service.
IBGC Membership Benefits
- Opportunities for leadership and networking in the field; discounts on the annual meeting and training; connections to course resources and advice via topic listservices and our membership directory; updates on policy and research developments, ability to nominate individuals for annual awards.
- All the benefits of membership at a reduced rate, opportunities to serve on committees, share research and meet professionals working in your area of interest; connections to other students and faculty members as a IBGC Ambassador for your campus; potential to receive scholarship funds to advance your studies; plus a student-focused page on our website which allows social networking and contains updates and highlights on the topics important to students in the field.
- All the benefits of membership at a reduced rate; a chance to influence policies that affect you; opportunities to connect across the generations on a common theme and serve as a role model for aging to the next generation by providing information and perspectives to improve the quality of life for all.
- Full membership benefits for three individuals of the member organization; a discounted membership rate compared to the individual membership rate; ability to nominate Institutions for annual awards; potential for programs, students, Institutional Members and activities to be highlighted in the Institutional Member section of the e-newsletter and on the IBGC website.
IBGC provides services such as program and product dissemination, curriculum and program development, and guest lectures, among others. To know more about these services,
contact Ms. Radhika
Email: email@example.com or
IBGC also raises funds for student scholarships, faculty development training, and specialized projects designed to meet the needs of older adults and their families. Contracting for services provided by IBGC or making a tax deductible donation helps our effort to provide an expert voice for INDIA in gerontology and geriatrics. It also strengthens education, workforce development, and policy in aging.